If you’re looking to shop local and give items made by independent and fabulous Bay Area designers, artisans and creative folks this holiday season, the next three weeks are your oyster. There are a slew of great indie shop opps on the horizon, as well as a beauty fundraiser for public schools and a launch party you won’t want to miss. As always, you’ll find the details on these and many more great upcoming events on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar.
- Pretty is as pretty does, right? Roll with that sentiment on Tuesday night during the kick-off party for the annual Maas Clinic Beauty for Books fundraiser benefiting San Francisco public schools. Bring five or more books appropriate for kids in grades K-8, and you’ll be able to pick from the medi-clinic’s stocking of free treatments (lasers, Botox, peels, among them). Local salons and beauty businesses will also be at the event to offer more beauty perks.
- On Thursday evening, begin shopping local for the holidays at the Renaissance Center Holiday Gift Fair in SoMa. Many amazing local entrepreneurs and makers have benefited from the Center’s entrepreneurship classes and small business programs, and you’ll find many of them on display at this event, including Serial Cultura, Vanessa Gade, RGB Shop + Gallery and Taylor Stitch.
- Also on Thursday, Hangr16 gets festive with the Wildlife Works Launch Party showcasing the label’s Ku Khanga collection of organic, carbon neutral t-shirts. The event will feature an exclusive exhibit of images used in the campaign and shot on location in Kenya by noted fashion photographer Peter Z Jones. It’s an invite-only party, and we’re betting many reading this are already on the list. But those who aren’t, well, use the power of Facebook.
- A reason to cross the Golden Gate arrives on Friday evening, when the Designer Hub Opening Party takes over at Sausalito boutique and designer label Georgiou. The longtime Bay Area shop is opening up its mezzanine level to local designers such as Zoe Hong, Ken Chen and Danielle Pettee. The designers will be in-house design residents of the new space, and their work will be for sale there on an ongoing basis.
- This weekend continues the annual holiday season onslaught of weekend shopping events, and the best ones are all about local designers, artists and merch. Taking place on both Friday and Saturday are the Storefront Holiday Pop-Up in the Upper Haight, Bazaar Bizarre Holiday Festival in SoMa and Haute Melange in the Upper Haight. On Saturday night at mezzanine, you’ll find the latest installment of Chillin’ Productions Presents, featuring over 80 designers, 200 artists and a slew of DJs.
You can find details on all of these events and more happening this week on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar.