Instead of big box mayhem and madness, you’ll find us using Black Friday and ensuing holiday shopping opps to suss out deals from local designers and independent boutiques – many of whom only have sales a few times a year. Read on for our growing list* of top Black Friday, Cyber Monday and holiday deals from locals.
And yet more San Francisco Black Friday sales and events:
- Skunkfunk: Shop the San Francisco stores on Friday for a choose your own discount promo that offers varying discounts up to 50 percent off printed on slips of paper that will be up for grabs in fishbowls by the registers. Or shop over the weekend for up to 30 percent off merch.
- Rare Device: this Market Street emporium for all things creative will be having a Jewelry and Apparel Trunk Show + Sidewalk Sale throughout the weekend featuring clothing from SET Boutique and accessories by Prismera Design.
- Y&I: Use the code BlackFriday2011 when you shop online to receive 30 percent off your order.
- Spa Radiance: The day spa will offer 25 percent off in-store purchases of its gift cards on Friday from 9-10 a.m. and smaller discounts until 1 p.m. See details here.
- The Harbinger Co.: Take 20 percent off items in the online store Friday through Monday with the coupon code GeeThanks11 at checkout.
- Sui Generis: Save up to 50 percent in this pair of his and hers high-end consignment shops on Friday and Saturday.
- The Mission Statement: Get a free terrarium with a purchase of $75 or more. Everything in the store, which specializes in local labels and designers, will be 20 to 50 percent off.
Not an exhaustive haul, but a select assortment (meaning places we actually really truly like) of sales and deals and coupon codes good for use starting this week:
- Honey Cooler Handmade: From Thanksgiving until Jan. 1, customers can use the code 2011HOLIDAY to take 15 percent off all merchandise in this local lingerie and apparel designer’s etsy shop.
- Sneakpeeq: Click this link to save 20 percent on your next purchase from the San Francisco-based social shopping site. This is a special badge you’d ordinarily have to earn by playing the game-meets-shopping opp.
- DL1961: Log onto www.DL1961.com and enter INDIGO25 at checkout to receive 25% off all styles. Deal good Friday through Monday.
- Peggy Li: Use “holiday11″ for 20 percent off purchases on wwwpeggyli.com.
- Blissmo: Save an additional 10 percent off this local company’s boxes of eco-friendly goods through Dec. 31 when you use the code greenfriday at checkout.
- The Marin Store: Until Monday, November 28 at midnight, save 15% off at The Marin Store when you use the discount code TDAY.
- Sasha Maks Vintage: Save 20 percent on this San Francisco vintage collector’s jewelry through Nov. 30. Shipping within the U.S. is free.
- JenDarling: Use discount code jetset at checkout for 20 percent off purchases from this local designer.
*We’ll be updating this post constantly, so check back for the latest events, sales and deals.