The SF Indie Fashion Calendar is always full of events to keep San Francisco fashion lovers busy with trunk sales, beauty happenings, fashion shows and places to shop from independent sources — even on a fine holiday week such as this one. Here’s our pick of top San Francisco fashion events this week:
- We’re sure we don’t have to tell you how many chances there are to save on merch come Friday. For a San Francisco Black Friday sale that’s not to be missed, head to Christopher Collins boutique on Sutter, where the Project Runway alum will be offering dresses for under $100 and coats for under $150, as well as tops for under $50 a pop.
- Over the holiday weekend, take a journey to the East bay to celebrate Saturday’s grand opening of Oakland’s newest boutique, The Rare Bird, whose inventory of locally-sourced, vintage and recycled items for men, women and the home have us smitten.
- Also on Saturday, shopping local becomes a cause for nationwide celebration during the first-ever Small Business Saturday. Shops, restaurants and other businesses around the country are offering special deals, in-store events and discounts in honor of the event. One that may appeal: American Express cardholders will receive a $25 credit when they purchase from a small business. To register your card in advance, go here.
- Two events happening all weekend long bring further opportunities to shop. First, there’s Rock & Republic The Warehouse Sale Event, which brings oodles of premium denim to the City at a discount during its 11-day run on Post St. Drawing a different, but no less eager crowd is the The Women’s Building 32nd Annual Celebration of Craftswomen, billed as San Francisco’s largest holiday gift fair.
- Close out the holiday weekend with a visit to Sunday’s Indie Bazaar, a free-to-attend shopping event featuring 40+ local, independent vendors, as well as a photo booth with Del Geronimo, beauty and styling demos and beats from DJ Mario Esco. Another reason to go: the event is having a clothing drive benefiting SF Smiles, so clean out your closet before you go.
You can find details on all of these events and more happening this week on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar.
Photography courtesy of Christopher Collins