With a bundle of worthwhile fashion events on the horizon, we couldn’t resist packing this week’s list to capacity. On the SF Indie Fashion Calendar, you’ll find chances to shop for a good cause, indulge in fashion and tech, scope new work from local labels and take in eco and emerging designs during two separate fashion shows. Brace yourself, this week is a (delightful) doozy.
- Get into the swing midweek with fashion for a good cause when Sui Generis and The Women’s Initiative team up during A Night of Shopping and Champagne at the upscale Market St. consignment boutique. During the event, 20 percent of purchases made will go to support The Women’s Initiative and its programs helping women in need find entrepreneurial success.
- On Thursday, one of our favorite topics – the intersection of fashion and tech – takes center stage at Pigment Cosmetics during the latest Fashion Mash Up from the San Francisco Fashion and Merchants Alliance. The emphasis tonight is on mobile technology and fashion apps and features a guest panel of speakers from such companies as Alphyn Industries, Lookaroo, omgiluv.it, VIZL and Wix.
- Also on Thursday, SoMa independent fashion hub 440 Brannan Showroom presents its latest designers and a store full of new stock during an evening party with treats from Zuppa. Peruse work from new in-store labels such as modaspia and Romey Designs, as well as the latest from gr.dano, Micaela Greg, Alley Collection, Menk and more.
- Once the weekend rolls around, spend Saturday afternoon indulging in eco-fashion during the UC Berkeley Botanical Garden Green Gala, a bi-annual fundraising event supporting the gardens. Along with food and wine, this diversion promises a selection of stylish, eco-minded apparel designed by such local names as Stars + Ravens, Nicacelly, Feral Childe and Adie + George.
- See a showing of student fashion on Saturday night, when the Art Institute of California-San Francisco presents The Fashion Line Up, featuring over 100 looks by 18 designers in the school’s fashion program.
- Also that night, celebrate the arrival of San Francisco’s latest independent menswear label at the Fifth & Brannan launch party. It goes down at Cellar360 in Ghirardelli Square, so you can expect the evening to include scenic views and solid wines.
You can find details on all of these events and more happening this week on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar.