Now that we’re legitimately into a holiday week, San Francisco’s fashion and style landscape quiets down. But don’t think it’s going to stop. There are worthy events (shoes? whiskey! comedians?!) ahead this week on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar. We’ve called out a few of our favorites below. Happy holidays to all.
- On Tuesday night, San Francisco shoe designer Martha Davis and jewelry designer Jeannine Payer are holding a Pop Up Reception in honor of their month-long pop-up shop at Sacramento Street’s Birch. Head over before heading into the holidays to mingle with these two local creatives and shop their latest pieces.
- Another Tuesday happening worth a local fashion fan’s attention is a virtual one: FashFilmFest’s $2 Tuesday. It’s a call to everyone who’d like to see the festival become a reality to donate $2 to the Kickstarter campaign to help the founders (Adelle, Kim and Annie) reach their funding goal before Christmas.
- Later in the week, get your laugh on at the annual Kung Pao Kosher Comedy Festival, which brings Jewish comedy to the stage on Christmas (and extra days this year) in a Chinese restaurant. Shows take place Dec. 23-25.
- If you need last-minute gifts from a local source, many boutiques will be open late on Christmas Eve, including Mission Street shop and gallery Secession Art + Design, where doors will stay open ’til 7 p.m. and whiskey and cookies will be served.
- The rest of the weekend will be quiet in San Francisco fashion land as many hole up with their friends and families to celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanza. Enjoy the time off, rest and rejuvenate. 2012 is only right around the corner.
You can find details on all of these events and more happening this week on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar.