It’s the week of our absolute favorite holiday of the year. Things will be quieter in San Francisco fashion land until we’ve gorged ourselves on Thursday, but then there’s much to do. You’ll find us blurbing a few of our favorite events here and complete details, as always, on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar.
- First things first, enjoy cooking and baking and sitting and eating and talking and drinking and laughing and bitching and napping and cleaning and drinking and eating and giving thanks with your family and friends on Thursday.
- On Friday, be ready for a deluge of San Francisco Black Friday sales, trunk shows and events. We’ll be rounding up the best of ’em featuring local, independent sources in the next few days. Stay tuned for that.
- The following day brings Small Business Saturday, a kind of antidote to Black Friday big box madness. We’ll be featuring a little something special on this nationwide initiative sponsored by American Express later in the week. But for now, know it’s the day to celebrate all those amazing small businesses that make our City so grand.
- The same day, Molte Cose and Bella Cose owner Teresa Nittolo hosts a Holiday Bazaar and Fundraiser for Firehouse 8, an historic landmark building project that she’s been working on for months and months. The event offers a chance to shop from local artisans and designers such as Kathleen van der Spek, Lotta’s Bakery and Blue Ribbon Salvage and support the revitalization of a beautiful old San Francisco building into a new, multifunctional shopping and event space.
- In Hayes Valley at Welcome Stranger, pop in on Saturday for the Mayfourtheenth Trunk Show and get an eyeful of this local sunglasses line’s latest styles while chatting with designer Benjamin Belsky.
- All weekend, a reason to head slightly east comes with the year’s final installment of Treasure Island Flea. A holiday toy drive adds a feel-good element to the outdoor event filled with local vendors, designers and artisans. Bring a toy to donate to kids in need, and you’ll get in for free (reg. admission is $3). Other perks: parking is free, and the event is super kid- and dog-friendly.
You can find details on all of these events and more happening this week on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar.