We hope you’ve got some free time on your hands, because you’re going to need it to shop, swap, suit up and step out for this week’s slew of stylish events. As always, you’ll find all the details on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar, but we’ve called out some of our favorite events below.
- We’re pretty pleased with the beginning of the week, thanks to Monday evening’s Fashion Blogging 101 workshop at the Renaissance Center for Entrepreneurship. Led by SF Indie Fashion’s Lorraine Sanders and aimed at small business owners, it promises to be an informative night with networking built in. Hope to see you there.
- On Wednesday, score some new feathered friends during the FeatherLuxe hair extensions event at Oakland’s LPC Warehouse. The traveling feather extensions crew will add new extensions to your locks or spruce up the ones you already have.
- Thursday marks the start of a special, three-day local engagement from Portland’s Duchess, Clothier, whose custom men’s suits have found fans in fashion-forward gents such as Nick Cave. To get in on the vintage-inspired, bespoke action, you’ll need to make an appointment in advance. Fittings will take about an hour and include 25 measurements and a slew of options, ranging from Victorian to mid-century silhouettes and everything in between. Custom suits start at $700. Shirts and ties are also available for custom orders.
- We could go on all day about the virtues of clothing swaps (eco, inexpensive, fun…), but we’d rather just shut up and attend one. A chance to do just that arrives on Thursday, when The Swapaholics and Lulus.com team up for SwapLulus. Along with an opp to swap, attendees can hunt among the secondhand merch for over 100 free samples from Lulus.com. A swap style fashion show caps off the evening at Madrone Studios.
- The rest of the week abounds with chances to shop from local, independent designers. Check the Calendar for details on chances to shop apparel from Yugala Priti and jewelry by Vanessa Gade on Thursday, jewelry by Alison Rutherfurd and hats by Jasmin Zorlu in Berkeley on Saturday and hats by Zorlu and Elwyn Crawford of O’Lover Hats in San Francisco on Sunday.
- Last but not least, Treasure Island Flea returns this weekend for another two-day outdoor vendor fest on that little island in the middle of the Bay.
You can find details on all of these events and more happening this week on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar.
Photography courtesy of Tom Oliver for Duchess, Clothier.