Summer’s here, and we’re ready to unwind with local fashion goodness (even if we’re wearing scarves instead of swimsuits). So look to the SF Indie Fashion Calendar this week for events supporting a longtime supporter of the local fashion scene in her battle against cancer, serious deals from a local fitness apparel brand, a fashion show featuring local swimwear and much more.
- Get in gear for the week ahead by doing good and having fun at the same time during Tuesday’s Kelly vs. the C Word Concert, a benefit at The Independent to help Indie Mart and Workshop founder Kelly Malone raise funds for cancer treatments and surgery. Two days later, another chance to support Malone beckons, when the City’s reigning D.I.Y. queen celebrates her first solo art show with an evening reception at Hotel Biron and a store opens around the corner featuring interiors designed by Malone (see details below).
- A reason to scoot on up to Mill Valley arrives on Wednesday, when Bay Area-based fitness apparel brand Zohba holds a sample sale with tops and bottoms priced from $5 to $15.
- Just around the corner from the art opening at Hotel Biron on Thursday night, local label Gangs of San Francisco throws a party launching its new Hayes Valley retail shop. With interiors designed and constructed by Kelly Malone using recycled wood and vintage materials, the store will house the brand’s limited edition graphic tees.
- Friday night’s Merry Making at supperclub offers an opp to scope skin-baring apparel from Zoe Bikini, In Lush and Shirli while lounging over dinner on the venue’s white beds amid beats from DJs such as Martin Collins and Natalie Nuxx.
- Close out the week at the intersection of fashion and art during Sunday’s Wire Wear show at Public Works. Presented by Elevation Salon and featuring music by The Black Ryder, the event showcases boldly-styled models donning artist Tuan Tran’s dresses made of recycled telephone wire.
You can find details on all of these events and more happening this week on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar.