Looking to shop from local, independent sources? The SF Indie Fashion Calendar is full of ways to do just that in the days ahead. Read on for our regular weekly dose of trunk sales, beauty happenings and fashion-y things to do in San Francisco:
- The week stays quiet until Thursday, when the Sassy City Chicks Fashion Bash returns to San Francisco for an evening of shopping, cocktails and mini spa treatments. As for the merch, expect prices to be up to 80 percent off retail from labels such as BB Dakota, Rich & Skinny and Genetic Denim. The event is sponsored by Chevrolet, and the company will be offering free test rides in the company’s vehicles throughout the evening.
- On Friday, two trunk shows have caught our attention. First up, a Nona Varnado Trunk Show and Pre-Season Sale at Pushbike offers cycling ladies a chance to scope out the latest from this New York label. Or head East for the afternoon to check out the BARE magazine D.I.Y. and Accessories Trunk Show on the Berkeley campus. The event includes student fashion designers dropping knowledge and demonstrating their tricks for creating wearable accessories, as well as hair feather extensions and a selection of jewelry and other adornments from the Rare Bird boutique.
- Friday also marks the arrival of Zeitgeist Films’ Bill Cunningham New York to San Francisco. The films delves into the world of New York Times photographer Bill Cunningham, who was combing the streets for unique fashion when most of today’s street style photographers were still in diapers. It’s definitely a must-see film for any fashion fan.
- Head downtown on Sunday to the Metreon for the spring Thread Show, which showcases purchasables from independent designers based in the Bay Area and beyond. While shopping is the main attraction, there are a slew of other reasons to go, including blogger style showdowns, live crafting at the D.I.Y. booth, a man cave for the dudes in attendance, mini manicures and makeup touch-ups, cocktails and art from local artists.
- Also on Sunday comes an event that’s sure to pique the interest of denim lovers. The Chic Spy teams up with Joe’s Jeans for Jean+ology, which features a fashion show of the label’s denim, as well as wine and a chance to win a pair of jeans. The folks from Joe’s will also be on hand to give attendees tips for finding the right pair of jeans with a flattering fit.
You can find details on all of these events and more happening this week on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar.