It’s the first week of 2011, and the SF Indie Fashion Calendar is noticeably quiet as local designers, retailers and fashion fans are recovering from the onslaught of the holiday season. While organized events are scarce this week, New Years sales are popping up all over the place. If deals are on your personal do list, here are a few shops to try:
- Erica Tanov has launched a winter sale. A quick view of the offerings online revealed many items priced at over 50 percent off.
- Sarah Shaw is offering 20 percent off through Jan. 22 during the Sacramento Street boutique’s New Year sale.
- To celebrate the New Year, local plus-size label Harper Greer is offering 11 percent off purchases every Sunday in January.
- A sale at Acrimony brings labels such as Hyden Yoo and Minimarket at up to 60 percent off both online and in-store.
- If you’re in love with shoes, the winter sale from Gimme Shoes offer a chance to pluck up pairs from names such as Repetto, 3.1 Philip Lim and Chie Mihara for up to 40 percent off.
- Bryna Nicole is offering sitewide discounts as part of the handbag label’s winter sale.
- Elizabeth Charles has significant markdowns on labels such as Preen, Smythe, Wayne and Behnaz Sarafpour.
- You’ll save 20 percent off the entire fall collection (apparel, accessories and vintage) at Anica right now.
- Conifer is offering up to 50 percent off during its winter sale.
- To celebrate the New Year and the arrival of new washes, indiDenim is offering 20 percent off orders with the discount code “wash” at checkout.
- y&i is having a winter sale that promises those who pop into the Chestnut Street shop 30 to 75 percent off, with prices starting at $9.99 and denim from brands such as Joe’s Jeans and Paige Premium Denim going for $75.
- Local label and Laurel Heights shop Catherine Jane is offering 20 percent off ilux socks this month. Also, the boutique has a shoe club that offers discounts throughout the year. After you’ve purchased one pair at regular price, you’ll receive 15 percent off a second pair (bought anytime in the next 12 months), 25 percent off a third pair and so on.
- If labels such as Maison Martin Margiela, Proenza Schouler, Alexander Wang and Yigal Azrouel are your bag, then you’ll want to whip out your wallet for the Carrots winter sale, which starts this Friday and offers up to 60 percent off the Jackson Square store’s fall/winter collections.
Looking for more? We’ll be updating this list as we discover new sales, so keep checking back. You can find details on upcoming San Francisco fashion events and more on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar.
Photography courtesy of Sarah Shaw