The SF Indie Fashion Calendar is always full of events to keep San Francisco fashion lovers busy with trunk sales, beauty happenings, fashion shows and places to shop from independent sources. This week is no exception. Here’s our pick of top events this week:
- Start your style forays off this week by giving back while you get spruced up at the hands of Johnny Bueno Color Studio hair stylists Jeremy Jenks and Guf Gufler, who will be donating proceeds from hair cuts ($75) on Wednesday to help San Bruno fire victims through the Silicon Valley Community Foundation San Bruno Fire Fund.
- On Friday, get your independent fashion fix with a visit to BellJar for a Kittinhawk Trunk Show featuring the designer’s jewelry and new line of reconstructed dresses. The event kicks off a weekend-long sale offering 15 percent off all fall merchandise. stepping out to celebrate life street fairs
- While most colleges in the area held their annual fashion showcase in May or June, the most style-minded event from Canada College takes place on Saturday. Held each fall as a benefit to help raise funds for student scholarships, Artistry in Fashion combines a 60+ vendor sale, midday fashion show and exhibition of student-made garments into a full day of activities. Receive $1 off admission ($10) with this online coupon.
- Marin-dwellers, a fashion show with a charitable twist goes down on Saturday night. Stepping Out to Celebrate Life, a fundraiser gala benefiting breast cancer research, promises dinner, dancing, cocktails and a fashion show featuring apparel from mainstream labels such as Kate Spade and Banana Republic alongside original designs by San Rafael-based designer Noy Chanthavongsa’s Noy Designs.
- In the City on Saturday, vintage fans can revel in the choice finds at the All Vintage Everything 3 event in the Mission, while those seeking an intimate runway experience and lots of creativity will find it at Loft 1513′s Uplift Runway Fashion show featuring Tosca Soraya Otten, Kitty Andrews, Ikohl and more.
- And last but not least, fall in San Francisco means street fairs and festivals galore. Find independent artisans and designers selling their wares on Sunday at the 8th annual Cole Valley Street Fair or head north for the two-day Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival.
You can find details on all of these events and more happening this week on the SF Indie Fashion Calendar.
Photography courtesy of Noy Designs