We recently had the opportunity to test out the Unite line of hair care products, and we happily obliged. The Carlsbad-based company intrigued us from the get-go with its promise of product free of parabens, sulfates, gluten and dea mea. We put the volumizing conditioner, volumizing shampoo and 7 seconds detangler to the test over the last month (because you really have to use hair products for an extended period of time before you can decide if you truly like them), and we’ve been satisfied. Here are five things we dig about the brand:
1. A scent for guys and girls: so many hair products are heavily scented to appeal to either men or women, and Unite’s products have a middle-of-the-line fragrance that’s light and gender-neutral, which is always a good thing when you’re sharing with roomies, boyfriends and husbands, etc.
2. Paraben- and sulfate-free: Parabens freak us out, and sulfates stress out colored hair, so we were thrilled to find both of these meanies missing from the ingredients list.
3. Good for daily use: some conditioners are too heavy for daily use, but Unite’s is lightweight enough to use every time we shower with no greasy results.
4. No animal testing: ’nuff said.
5. California-based: we love local products, and made-in-California is the next best thing after made-in-San Francisco.
Want to try it for yourself? Unite is available at 10 salons in San Francisco. Here’s a list.
Full disclosure: products mentioned in this post were gifted to us.