Gawd. The day that got away keeps on keeping on. In other news….
– Voting is open for the San Francisco Fashion Awards, which will honor local designers, models, stylists, photographers and others during an event at Bambuddha Lounge on July 26. We were thrilled to see SF Indie Fashion friends and many peeps we admire on the list of nominees, including Jennifer Lynne, Kittinhawk, Sequoia and Gita, Nika Tang, Charleston Pierce, Irene Hernandez-Feiks, RAG and Secession Art and Design. We encourage you to vote for your faves!
– Our pals at 7×7 magazine are looking for the most stylish San Franciscans, and we’re betting many of you fit the bill. So prove it already. Submit pics of yourself, friends and stylish folks you know to the 7×7 Style Council by July 6. You might be honored for your style-savvy ways in the September issue of the magazine.
– Speaking of awards and honors, now’s the time to vote for your favorite local independent designers, retailers and business owners in the San Francisco Bay Guardian’s Best of the Bay Poll.
– Acrimony is having a big ‘ole sale, and that makes us happy.
– Have you registered to win a 49 Square Miles Big Mouth Hobo from AliceAndIsa.com yet? If not, you should. It’s like the simplest thing we’ve done all week. Chances of winning are 1 in 500. Not bad for a bag that retails for $600.
– We especially dug this past weekend’s style section in the San Francisco Chronicle. Check out what Sylvia Rubin had to say about the recent Art Institute Fashion Metamorphosis Show, Aaron Britt’s take on why we should Think Globally, But Shop Locally and Nerissa Pacio’s coverage of the fashion-infused opening of the City’s newly revamped Parc 55 Hotel.
– Need a summer beauty rescue on the cheap? We’ve been diggin’ the deals posted each week on the Cinta Aveda Institute Facebook page. Check the page each Monday for new discount codes on skin, hair and body treatments from the downtown beauty school. This week: $20 facials.
– Speaking of ‘ole f-book, wouldn’t be nice if you became an SF Indie Fashion fan on Facebook today? We think so. We promise to love you forever. And we will also always respect you in the morning. And that’s saying something.
Over and out. For now.