TGIF, folks. Here’s some stylish stuff to distract you from your duties and pepper your weekend with independent fashion fun…
– Woah nelly, there are oodles of great events going down this weekend in the Bay Area. In the fashion-related realm, there’s the Bazaar Bizarre at Maker Faire in San Mateo, the Union Design Festival (formerly Capsule) in Hayes Valley on Sunday and, we’re happy to report, Funk ‘N Trunk is back this weekend after a hiatus. Visit the SF Indie Fashion Calendar for all the details.
– 1767 Church St., the sister shop to Lower Haight boutique doe, closes on Saturday. Stop by by end-of-day tomorrow for up to 75 percent off the shop’s merch. In July, we hear the shop will become Curator, a new venture from She-Bible.
– Speaking of Church Street, merchants up and down it and 24th Street will be showing off their wares and offering tons of sales this weekend as part of the 2nd Annual Noe Valley Sidewalk Sale.
– Pacific Heights trio of Heidi Says shops will be having a trio of trunk shows tomorrow. Stop by any of the three locations for 20 percent off collections by Gorjana, Kathy Kamei and Gypsy 05.
– Craziness at Artificial Flavor: Guys’ jackets that once went for $200+ are now $20 a piece. Sale ends tomorrow.
– Daily Candy reports a Mike & Chris blowout sale happening tomorrow in San Francisco. We are most intrigued.
– We had a great time viewing the latest collection from Zoe Bikini last night at the Bella Forever show. Stay tuned for a video and some pics from that event to appear here soon.
– Fans of BRAVO’s The Fashion Show: You can meet designer Andrew Christian this weekend and see a fashion show of his men’s underwear collection during his upcoming San Francisco appearances.