It’s been a long time since we’ve done a proper news round-up. But there’s a jackhammer going off like a crack-addled swarm of woodpeckers just outside our window. Kinda got us in the mood to type fast, punch out the indie fashion news on our radar this week and relocate. Like to the nail salon. In other news….
– First, we have to say that this weekend is making us feel like we’re back in December again and reminding us of all the great indie fashion energy this city has to offer. After many quiet weeks in a row, this weekend is jam-packed with events. Be sure to check out the SF Indie Fashion Calendar for details.
– We’ve got a new presence in our sidebar banner spot – yay! To celebrate, StyleDetox – a great locally-run online resource for indie fashion – is offering SF Indie Fashion readers 20 percent off purchases with the code sfindie20. Use it with wild abandon.
– Okay, so we’re not sure how indie this is (we’re kinda torn), but we thought we’d mention it anyway because we’re a brand fan: the Joe’s Jeans Online Shop is offering 50 percent off a 2nd pair of jeans when you buy one at regular price and use the coupon code joelovesme at checkout. Any additional purchases beyond the 2nd pair of jeans will be marked down 25 percent.
– Feelin’ a Valentine’s Day makeover? That’s exactly what you’ll get when you spend $200 or more at The Firm by Feb. 14. You’ll get your makeup done by Taryn Ashley and hair by Smith. Contact the shop for reservations. Space is limited.
– Do you bamboo? If the answer is yes, it’s time to stalk Porcelynne’s latest mini-collection of bamboo undies. Take 25 percent off at checkout with the coupon code valday.
-Â Vivi Dot is getting geared up for Valentine’s Day by offering 15 percent off for purchases made through tomorrow (2/7) with the coupon code xoxoIndie. Check out Molly G.’s new “Diamonds are Forever” faux diamond earrings and new watch necklaces.
-Â Cara Lyndon is offering 15 percent off orders placed by Feb. 9 with the coupon code MyValentine at checkout.
– Want to check out Savannah Knoop, the former face of JT Leroy and the designer behind local label Tinc, in person next week? She’ll be reading at the Radar Reading Series hosted by Michelle Tea. We’ll be putting the event info on the calendar shortly, so check there for more information.
– She-Bible is offering a free Samantha Tank, Debbie Top or Boho Tunic with an purchase of $100 or more made through Feb. 14. Just write in your choice of items and your size in the paypal notes field when you order.
-Â Russian Hill boutique Anica has a slew of fall and holiday merch marked down right now. Stop by for 50 to 70 percent of, while items last.
– Everything at Noe Valley designer discount store Cary Lane is 20 percent off starting today. Sale runs through Sunday.
– At Mabel Chong, you’ll get a $25 gift certificate for each non-sale piece you buy through Feb. 14.