After all the hullabaloo of the holidays and ringing in the New Year, we’ve been kinda tired. Like, can’t move, please speak softly, give me back the remote, sleeping 10 hours in a row tired. But at least we have the weekend ahead of us. Come Monday, expect your usual dose of Bay Area independent fashion news, tidbits and features. Until then, content yourself with these nuggets…
– Attention local designers: On Jan. 14-15, 2009 in New York, Showroom New York is holding an open call for contemporary RTW and accessory designers. If you’re interested in learning more about the open call, check the Showroom New York web site.
– Have a bunch of fabric scraps you can donate to a great cause? Then bag ’em up and take them to R.A.G. starting tomorrow through Jan. 12. They’ll be given to the Children’s Home at UC Davis, UCSF and in Sacramento and made into quilts for hospitalized children.
– The Firm starts its End of Season sale today. Pop by for up to 60 percent off fall and winter merch.
– Ladita is in the midst of its first annual winter clearance sale. While inventory lasts, women’s apparel and accessories are up to 70 percent off, and children’s clothing is marked down 50 percent.
– At all three Ambiance locations (Haight, Noe, Cow Hollow/Marina), sale items are marked down an additional 20 percent throughout the month of January.