I am now officially, meteorologically and categorically weather-spoiled by my eight years in San Francisco. The temp passes 80 degrees, my SoCal transplant friends rejoice, and I wilt, then whine about the return of 60 degree days and afternoon fog. Yeah, yeah, what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger. In other news….
– Kweejibo Clothing is having an end of summer sale. Stop by the Haight Street location to dig through the box of $20 men’s shirts from this local menswear designer.
– If you aren’t a regular subscriber of 7X7 magazine, be sure to snag a copy of this month’s issue for a fashion spread featuring only local designers, including Colleen Mauer, Gr.Dano, Gretchen Walker, Joy O Designs, Distilled, Turk + Taylor, Estrella Tadeo and House of Hengst.
– Rare Device re-opened this week after undergoing late summer renovations. Stop by tonight for the opening event or cruise by this Market Street store anytime to peruse the slew of new arrivals, like organic t-shirts from Turk + Taylor, denim by Good Society and Lullabella messenger bags.
– Interested in flexing your volunteer chops this fal to help the indie fashion community? The folks behind The Bay Area Guide to Independent Fashion and its forthcoming October festival (see our calendar for details) are looking for volunteers. If you’re interested, get involved by shooting an email to bayareafashion (at) yahoo (dot) com.
– PopJunkie has added a ton of great new designs for fall. Tees, totes, clocks galore!
– Get an extra 20 percent off sale items at HUSH using the coupon code “supersale” at checkout. Or suck up on new arrivals like baubles from Melissa Joy Manning.
– Lower Haight style staple doe is serving up mimosas and deals via its ever-popular $25 rack this Sunday. Can’t make it? Buy online and use the promo code “hellofall” at checkout for 30 percent off all non-sale items. But be warned, the sale ends at midnight on Sunday.
– Speaking of Melissa Joy Manning (see above), through the end of September the jewelry designer is offering $25 gift cards for every $250 you spend on her web site.
– Do something good for your dude and join in the fun as On the Fly moves to its first San Francisco retail location all at the same time. Through Sunday at midnight, enter the promo code “GoogLuckMoving” at checkout for 25 percent off online purchases over $100.