Today, I actually walked through Fisherman’s Wharf. For like one second. But still. It had been a while. In other news….
– Costume designers looking for a gig take note: The folks behind the Tenderloin Xmas Hustler production are looking for a costume designer and set designer like right now. If you have theater design experience and want to know more, get in touch with Todd at 1313tap (at) gmail (dot) com or 415-846-7074.
– If you’re thinking about going bare – down there or anywhere – you can save 60 percent on your first laser hair removal session at Spa Radiance through the end of September. To take advantage of the dealio, call and book an appointment with Sabrina or Karen.
– Aspiring designers and those looking to light a fire under their current businesses’ proverbial asses, check out the East Bay Fashion Resource September seminars. Taught by Porcelynne’s Jennifer Lynne Mzz T Rzz’s Misty Rose, the ongoing weekend seminars introduce you to the nuts and bolts of the fashion business and get you ready to handle everything from marketing to finding investors. And if you sign up, tell ’em SF Indie Fashion sent ya. Thanks much.
– Trinity of Field Day Wearables is looking for some folks to join her in her creative endeavors. Currently, she’s looking for someone who can sew, a yardage dyer and a fabric pad printer. Know anyone who can help? Shoot her some electronic missives at fielddaywearables (at) gmail (dot) com.
– Fall items have arrived at Elizabeth Charles, but sale items are still a luscious 75 percent off. As my sister-in-law’s Aussie ex would say, that’s the bees knees. Not sure if that’s an Oz thing, or just him. But you get the point.
– My Roommate’s Closet recently welcomed new arrivals to the San Francisco store, including Rag & Bone trousers, Grace Sun tops, 18th Amendment denim, Geren Ford dresses and Bryna Nicole handbags.
– Stop in The Mission Statement and utter the phrase “TMS Summer” for 10 percent off your purchase. Stay tuned for the Mission co-op’s new meet-the-designer series, which launches on Aug. 21. First up, designers Yugala Priti and Joshu+Vela‘s Noah Guy and Bodhi Cole.
– doe is doing summer cuteness at 25 to 75 percent off via the web site. Check it out.
– The Bazaar Bizarre is still taking applications for the San Francisco holiday show, scheduled for November. But hurry up, you’ve only got until Aug. 15 to make the magic happen.