News, news, new you can use:
– Attention designers: If you’d be interested in using or helping to support a shared, industrial sewing space where professional designers could access commercial equipment and have plenty of space to spread out and work, get in touch with Linda Lagunas at linda (at) cyclecide (dot) com. She’s considering putting something like this together for the designer community and is trying to gauge interest and get feedback.
-Â We’re getting excited for tomorrow night, when the 7th Annual City College Fashion Show goes down at the Herbst Pavilion. This year’s theme is Runway Bazaar. The show will feature 68 looks referencing current fashion trends with global influence on a 52-foot runway. Tickets are $15. See the SF Indie Fashion Calendar for more details.
– The Mission Statement designer co-op has opened on 18th Street and features a boatload of awesome local indie designers, including Colleen Mauer, Culture Consumer, Gretchen Walker, Oda and Yugala Priti. Through the end of May, stop in the store and say “TMSm,” and they’ll give you 10 percent off your purchase.
– She-Bible spring and summer merch has just arrived. And here’s a way to score $25 off your next purchase of $75 or more: just take a pic of yourself in She-Bible gear, send it in to info (at) she-bible (dot) com. And presto. That’s all you have to do. More details on the She-Bible blog.
– Secession Art and Design will be throwing down this Friday with a little wine and art shindig to celebrate the closing of its current show, featuring artists Jonah Burlingame and Georgianne Fastaia and designers Fluidance, Al’s Attire, Donna Lou, Funk Divine, Mariposa Baby and Yellow Field Hats.
– And just this week, we learned that Built By Wendy will be opening a store in San Francisco this summer – the opening date is scheduled for June 15. We can’t wait!