News, news, news you can use.
– Designers, take note: The Nova Studio in Richmond is launching a new series of business classes aimed at crafters and artists who want to take their pursuits to the next level. Workshops include weekend sessions in branding for handmade products, best practices for participating in craft shows, social networking for artists and crafters and online selling and marketing. Each class is $59, but you can knock $5 off the price of each class when you sign up for two or more of the four-class series.
– Okay, people. How could you NOT enter the weekly doe photo contest? Just snap a pick of one of your fave items from the shop and send it in. You could win a $150 gift certificate to this Lower Haight boutique.
– We hear that My Roommate’s Closet just got new garb from T-Bags, Manoush & J Brand.
– Only three more days left for the Pop Junkie Spring Sale!
– This Saturday – i.e. tomorrow – AC Clothing & Bags and Porcelynne are teaming up for another open house in Oakland. I stopped the last one they had. Great setting, great deals and a great vibe. Big huge shopping events are fun, but it was really refreshing to stop by one where I could share a glass of wine with the designers and chat in a social setting instead of the harried mayhem that usually accompanies large indie shopping events. The event runs from 6pm to 10pm – check out the SF Indie Fashion Calendar for directions.
– I just learned that Glam.com will be sponsoring a Style Mob party at Ambassador in San Francisco on April 24th starting at 6:30pm. If you haven’t been to Ambassador yet, it’s kinda like the place to get your L.A. fix without leaving the city. I’m waiting for more info about the event and will post it when I have it.
– Also, speaking of stuff to look forward to, I was lucky to be able to preview some of the pieces in the upcoming Discarded to Divine show, thanks to organizers Sally Rosen and Gensler’s Tana Hall and Lorraine Navarro. They led me on a walk-through of several pieces currently displayed in the Gensler offices downtown. I’m working up a detailed post on the experience. Stay tuned for that.
– I also happened by Pandora’s Trunk today and had a little fun digging through the funky, earthy wares by designers like Onerary, Josephy Hall, Tamo Design, Miranda Caroligne, Medium Reality, Lara Grant and Jen Hall. If you’re in the Lower Haight, make sure to check this spot out.
Now get outta here. Shoo. Time for weekendness.