A few tidbits for ya.
– Kweejibo has just introduced a brand new men’s short sleeve style shirt to its line. It’s a pullover that features a front placket and side slips. The Haight Street store also reports that it recently got a bunch of new pants and box cut shirts in stock. I’ve been a big fan of this store since I stumbled on it shortly after moving into the city in 2001. It’s one of my fave go-to places when I need a nice gift for the husz.
– Flax Art & Design has extended its hours. You can now shop there until 7PM Monday through Saturday.
– My Roommate’s Closet has just gotten new Nieves Lavi dresses and Rich & Skinny denim in its San Francisco boutique.
– If you haven’t had a chance to stop by Perch in Glen Park yet, it’s a great little place to visit on a sunny weekend afternoon such as this one. I had the pleasure of speaking with the owner Zoel for a little Daily Candy piece, and he struck me as someone very dedicated to not only stocking great, unique products, but also in supporting the local art and design community. You’ll find lots of Bay Area accessories and housewares designers on his shelves. Some of my personal faves include Medium to Masses, Flowie and Carrot & Stick.
– Venus Superstar is settling into its new space in the back of Divisadero shop Backspace. I was in the shop earlier this week for another little Daily Candy piece, and I was thrilled to see how well the two shops mesh. The owners have known each other for a long time, and they both have great style sense that is reflected on the racks. In addition to her own edgy, rocker-girl jewelry, VS owner Rebecca Vandersteen stocks about 15 indie labels, including AC Clothing & Bags, Funk Divine and Sacramento’s Pretty Trashy. They tend toward the more avant guard end of the spectrum. I had a ball looking through the racks there. As for Backspace, they’ve got tons of lovely rags from both mainstream names (those new super high-waisted Citizens jeans just came in), as well as local lines like Deanna Bratt and Silver Lucy.
– The next Shecky’s Girls Night Out isn’t hitting the city until June, but you can score two-for-one goodie bag tickets to the event if you buy them before April 14th. General admission is still $10, but you can spend $25 before the 14th and get in on the two-for-one goodie bag promo.
Okay, time to get ready to head to the double feature open house going down tonight over at the Oakland showrooms of Porcelynne and AC Clothing & Bags. A happy weekend to all.