News, news, news…. just a last little dose of indie fashion news for 2007. After this, we’ll catch ya in 2008. A happy and safe New Year’s Eve to all.
– SwapSF just announced the its first swap for 2008. If the last swap event I attended is any indication, this one is sure to be packed with clothes-hungry San Franciscans who don’t mind getting down and dirty to separate the dud duds from the choice picks. Hint: get there early.
– Through tomorrow night, you can still score 25 percent off at Tobi with the discount code PerfectGift.
– Also through tomorrow night, an online sale at local designer Custom Industries will get you a third tank (like the Kun Iam Tank Top pictured above), shirt or hoodie when you buy two. Use the code 3for2spcl at checkout.
– Want to learn the fine art of surface design on textiles? Artist Patricia Bruvry’s Surface Design class at City College is open for enrollment (starts Jan. 15, 2008).
– In response to student requests, East Bay crafting education center and resource the Nova Studio has added an extended intermediate-level class in Precious Metal Clay in early January. In PMC 301, instructor Patrick Kusek will lead students through the process of creating a leaf pendant, firing it and enhancing it with a patina. Then students will be on their own (with help when they need it, or course) to concoct a piece of their own choosing.